September 30, 2009
Hippo birdies to us, hippo birdies to us, hippo birdies BigSisLilSis, hippo birdies to us! Today is BigSisLilSis’ first birthday! Woo hoo!! We’re so excited that we made it our first blogiversary! Plus, a big bonus is that we’re still speaking to each other. It’s been a crazy, hectic, fun, challenging and sometimes stressful year of learning new technology, working together on design and ideas, and making compromises since both of us are stubborn independent control freaks!
After all that, and with 394 posts published, we’re still totally committed to the mission we started with, which is to:
- Write for women like us.
- Strive to be encouraging, and as positive as we can be (with the inevitable occasional Sis rant!)
- Pass along info that we hope will be helpful.
- Share our humor, however odd and twisted it might be!
When we look back over the last year, it has literally flown by on wings, but we’re really happy about some of the enhancements we’ve added to BigSisLilSis:
- We’re finally twittering! Yes! Finally!
- To show our appreciation, we added Comment Luv to provide a link to our commenters’ last post.
- Every 2 or 3 weeks, we feature one of our favorite bloggers in our “We’re Crazy About” feature to let everyone else know how awesome they are!
- We’re sharing links to the books (and cookbooks) that we’re reading at the moment.
- You can see our most popular posts in our sidebar, based on the number of comments received.
- Related posts also show up for each post, so if you liked a particular post, you can see more like it.
So that’s where we’ve been. Where the heck are we going? We have a few ideas! First, we’re going to Vegas, baby, for BlogWorld! But once we get back and recuperate, we have a bunch of things that we’re noodling around:
- The BigSisLilSis Facebook page is in the works; yep, another belated overdue foray into current technology for us!
- Our “Shop” page will be a comprehensive list of our favorite things, all gathered in one place.
- We’re both working on ideas for some fun individual blogs.
- And, we’re super-duper excited about starting a new joint blog exclusively devoted to food!
The most important thing we can say about the last year is that we’re abundantly grateful for the support our readers have shown us! There would be no point in us writing if you weren’t reading! So THANK YOU all so very much! We appreciate you, and hope that you’ll stick around for another year! God willing, we definitely will!