December 7, 2009
Our “little baking team that could” has been baking up a storm the last two weekends, and we have just one more week to get everything baked, packaged and organized!
We’re trying to raise another $3000 for the SPCA of Texas here in Dallas. Last year’s sale raised $3055 and we really hope we can do better than that for the animals this year.
It seems like an overwhelming task to prepare $3000 worth of baked goodies, and then sell them all in just one day. We all agree though that this is some of the biggest fun we have all year long!
So far, I have bunches of these things wrapped up in my freezer:
- Cranberry Pumpkin Bread with Walnuts
- Vegan Pumpkin Bread with Walnuts
- Strawberry Bread with Pecans
- Texas Pecan Pie Bars from the Pastry Queen
- Texas Pecan Pie Bars with Chocolate and Bourbon from the Pastry Queen
- Barefoot Contessa’s Outrageous Brownies
- Barefoot Contessa’s Outrageous Brownies with Mint Oreos
- Barefoot Contessa’s Outrageous Brownies with Bittersweet Chocolate Chips and Walnuts
SisMama has made a whole slew of awesome pound cakes in lots of flavors, and K & P have made oodles of breads.
Next weekend, we’ll be making all of the candies and other treats that we don’t want to freeze. If you’re in the Dallas area, email me or leave a comment if you’d like to come visit us at the sale and I’ll send you the details. If you’d like to donate to the SPCA of Texas but you’re too far away to visit us, you can use the web site that’s been set up for our donations. It’s http://www.spca.org/goto/bakesale.
Meanwhile, wish us well! The SPCA of Texas – like lots of animal organizations right now – is in serious need of funds in this economy, and we’d really like to help!