December 1, 2010
I hate to break it to you, but it’s December. Yep. And if that isn’t enough to put a little panic into your bones, consider the fact that 3 weeks from this weekend is Christmas! 3 weeks!
Fear not though! Even if you haven’t yet given one single thought to Christmas, it isn’t time to freak out. It’s time to get organized and we have some tips to help!
Make lists! These are a few to get you started:
- Gifts to buy
- Christmas cards to send
- Other things you know you’ll need, like Christmas lights or new Christmas dresses for the girls
- Charitable donations to make before year-end
Start a calendar. Pick one up at the office supply store, download one online, or just draw one out on a piece of paper…just do it!
- First add every function to it that you know about this minute
- As invitations for parties and other events come in, add them to the calendar so it’s always current
- Add travel arrangements
- Add other important dates, such as shipping deadlines
Do as much as you can now. Seriously, don’t put anything off til next week if you can avoid it. You’ll thank yourself later!
- Start your shopping NOW!
- Think about what you want to bake or cook this year, and if there are any new recipes on the list test them now.
- Don’t wait until Christmas Eve wrapping time to find out that you need boxes and tape. Get it now when you see it on sale.
Order online as much as possible. You avoid the crowds and the parking lot dramas that always occur, plus you get it all done at the speed of light. And you can usually get great deals!
- Gifts, of course
- Christmas cards, gift bags and wrapping supplies, mailing materials
- Stamps (avoid that deadly post office line that steals your Christmas joy)
There you have it: our top 4 tips to get your Christmas planning off to a great stress-free start. Now get out there and deck those halls!