December 4, 2011
Our bake sale for In-Sync Exotics is only a week away, so our ovens are in turbo mode and there’s lots to do! Here’s a quick update:
- These glittery cookie boxes are finished and waiting to be filled with goodies. I’ll give you a quick little how-to on making them as soon as I can get the chocolate and sugar off my hands.
- Remember these painted cross magnets I made around Easter? They make great Christmas gifts and stocking stuffers, so I’m getting them dressed up in Christmasy boxes for the sale.
- SisMama has already baked oodles of pound cakes in vanilla, chocolate, lemon and brown sugar/caramel flavors. Go, SisMama!
- K & L have baked breads in apple cinnamon, spice, cranberry and blueberry flavors. They’re also working on doggie treats and bunches of cookies this weekend.
- I have pumpkin walnut and banana chocolate chip gluten-free breads done, plus 3 varieties of biscotti (gingerbread, chocolate/chocolate chip and dried cherry orange), and 3 kinds of brownies so far.
- We have some nibbles on matching our sales, and continue to market the event as well as more baking this week.
- CityVet is graciously sponsoring our event for the second year in a row. They have donated items for the sale, and are considering doing more for this worthy charity. A huge thanks to CityVet for their support!
That’s it for now, I have cookies to check on! Stay tuned for more!