July 6, 2009
Got your summer vacation planned? Anyone still trying to decide on a great place to visit that’s jam-packed with things to do? If that’s the case, you might want to consider visiting beautiful San Diego, California. Whether you’re traveling alone or with children, there is absolutely, without a doubt, something in San Diego for all ages.
Here’s a list of just some of the main attractions that you’ll find here in San Diego.
- San Diego Zoo
- Balboa Park (home to 15 major museums)
- Birch Aquarium
- Marine Corps Command Museum
- Wild Animal Park
- California Surf Museum
- San Diego Air and Space Museum
If you’re lucky enough to have time for some fun day trips, here are a just a few ideas.
- Cruise the historic Highway 101 to find everything from historic buildings, specialty shops, and beach side restaurants.
- Relax and play on Mission Bay.
- Tour the USS Midway.
- Cruise to Catalina Island.
- Take the 15 minute scenic ferry ride to Coronado Island to visit the legendary Hotel Del Coronado.
- Drive up to Oceanside Pier for a walk out on one of the largest wooden piers on the West Coast.
- Take a Trolley Tour. Check out the San Diego Metro Transit site for timetables.
- Walk around the Gas Lamp Quarter in Downtown San Diego for amazing shopping and dining.
- Visit Historic Old Town, the Birthplace of California. After siteseeing, have lunch at my favorite, Cafe Coyote for some of the best Mexican Food in Old Town.
Lastly, for specific dates on events or for more information about San Diego, check out the San Diego Convention and Visitors Bureau site. Whether you’ve got a week or just a long weekend, you really can’t go wrong in choosing San Diego as your vacation destination.
We’ve lived here for seven years and still haven’t managed to see or do everything on this list!