December 17, 2008
Did you ever meet anyone who didn’t love brownies? I haven’t. I think most people love them, like I do, even though I’m not even a sweets eater. Monday’s SPCA Bake Sale would certainly make that point. We sold all of our brownies and bars, and we started out with quite a few of them, cut into big generous slabs! Here’s what we had:
- Barefoot Contessa’s Outrageous Oreo Brownies from Culinary in the Country. These are as big and fat and thick and rich as they look! Crackly on the top, moist and fudgy inside. They make me happy. 😀
- Barefoot Contessa’s Outrageous Brownies with Chocolate Chips and Walnuts from Food Network. These actually sold out before the Oreo version, which surprised me.
- Caramel Bars from my recipe file. They’re full of caramel, oats, walnuts and chocolate chips. I need to post the recipe; they’re so good and easy!
- Pecan Pie Bars from “The Pastry Queen” by Rebecca Rather. Oh. So. Yummy. That’s all I can say.
- RazzMaTazz Bars ( I used cranberry jam instead of rapberry, so I guess these would be CranMaTazz Bars instead) from CookieMadness.net. In addition to the jam, they have white chocolate and almonds. Very rich, delicious and pretty too!
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars from the back of the chocolate chip package, or RecipeZaar. These are a classic, and everyone loves them. Especially BDot! I like them full of pecans, but not everyone is a nut-lover, so I left them out for the Bake Sale.
All of these beauties were sold, and I know we could have sold many more brownies. Several people walked in the door asking, “Do you have any brownies?” Alas, we had to break the hearts of these folks who came in after the last outrageous crumb went out the door. Next time…even MORE brownies!
Do inquiring minds want to know how many bowls it takes to make a batch of outrageous brownies? Check it out:
I think it took 3 bowls (maybe 4) for these brownies, and let me tell you, they were worth it! This is my new favorite brownie recipe. Thanks, Ina! As soon as I recover from this baking extravaganza, I’ll be back with more details on how the SPCA Bake Sale turned out. Meanwhile, make some friends…make some brownies!