February 13, 2009
Valentine’s Day generates so much buzz, I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to send these random last-minute ideas your way:
- Need a great gift idea for the animal-lover in your life? Sponsor a Snip in their honor…a neutering or spaying, that is!
- Papa John’s is making heart-shaped pizza this weekend. You get a thin crust pizza with one topping plus Chocolate Pastry Delights (whatever those are) for $14.99. PJ isn’t my favorite pizza (I love you, my dear i Fratelli) but you can’t beat this price!
- Eggs on Sunday has a really cute Valentine’s Day breakfast menu. Since the 14th is on Saturday, this is definitely doable!
- This Green Rice Casserole from Lottie + Doof has nothing to do with Valentine’s Day, I admit it, but I’m so dying to have it this weekend! Perhaps it would make an unusual unexpected side dish if you’re cooking your Heart Day meal at home? You might serve it next to a crispy roasted chicken, but I’m imagining it piled into a nice tender portabella/portobello mushroom cap, and broiled with more cheese on top!
- And, last of all, in the spirit of loving your neighbor, check out this video!
Happy Valentine’s Day, everyone! If you’re missing your sweetheart this year for whatever reason, we send you our love. God bless you!