October 4, 2010
I have grumpy skin. You know the kind. Let down your guard for about 3 seconds and you get a breakout. Or two!
Some people – like LilSis – have happy undemanding skin that’s perfectly satisfied being casually swiped with a facial cleansing wipe and going on its merry way.
Did I get that low maintenance skin? Oh, heck no! I’m on the other end of the spectrum. My grumpy skin demands to be clean clean clean…deep cleansers and exfoliators are not an option or an occasional treat. They’re a must.
It takes a whole regimen to keep my skin clear:
- Serious Skin Care’s Glycolic Cleanser
- Serious Skin Care’s C-Clean Cleanser
- MAC Volcanic Ash Exfoliator (sadly it is a limited edition product and is not currently available)
- Origins Modern Friction
I talked about some of these products in a Sister Showdown on Skin Cleansers a while back, but these products are so incredible I think they deserve another mention. Let’s start at the top with DHC Deep Cleansing Oil and Pure Soap.
- It works! This oil cleanses more deeply than any other cleanser I can think of. Plus your skin feels incredibly soft afterward.
- It’s gentle; there is none of the scratching or scraping that you can get from some scrubs.
- It’s so simple! It contains olive oil and vitamin E and rosemary leaf oil; not a long list of artificial this and fake that.
- It’s economical. It only takes one little pump to clean your whole face, so a 6.7 ounce bottle lasts a long long time, and costs only $25.
- DHC does not conduct animal testing.
To use Deep Cleansing Oil, I just dispense one pump into my palm, and apply to dry skin with my fingers. I massage it around for a minute or so, and then add some water to make it slightly foamy. I remove it with a wet washcloth, and then use the bar of Pure Soap to cleanse quickly with wet fingers to make sure there is no oil left behind. Rinse well and behold your clean skin!
I know what you’re saying…”BigSis, I have oily skin and there is no way that I’m putting MORE oil on it!” I thought exactly the same thing since I have oily skin too. It hasn’t been a problem whatsoever though. Just remember, you’re washing it off. You’re not sleeping in it. And there’s something magical about the way oil dissolves makeup, dirt and dirty pores that makes it worth a try!
Guess what? I’m not the only one who loves this Deep Cleansing Oil! I just heard that Valerie Bertinelli thinks DHC Deep Cleansing Oil is magical too and tells Prevention Magazine that it’s a beauty must-have! I’d agree with that!